Saturday, January 14, 2012

Spare Hands Needed....Shabbyfufu Shop Updates

Happy weekend everyone....thanks for stopping by today. 


If you are familiar at all with my website SHABBYFUFU, then you know that I'm not the new kid on the block by any stretch. Since opening in 1999, I have NEVER closed up shop before. Honestly the last couple of years with the economy being on the rocks and with all of the new places coming on line all the time, I've thought about making it a permanent decision several times....but then the artist in me wants to keep creating and you guys who send me emails asking when more things are coming make it seem more like my life's work. I thank you for that...you know who you are:-). I have not been able to reopen just yet with quite a few custom orders for various things. I am grateful for that....you know who you are:-).


For those who asked...I hope to reopen on or around Feb 1st. It's going to be gorgeous....promise!


I've been sewing....
I've been antiquing......
I've been wiring, painting and shopping for parts.......
Really can use some spare hands around here, but thankfully for some projects and general love and support I have his......
In the meantime....come connect with SHABBYFUFU on Facebook or leave a comment here on the blog.....


9 comments:

  1. Good for you, Janet. Sometimes we just have to reassess what we are doing and how we are doing it. Sounds like you are doing just that...AND...it sounds like you have been busy! xo Diana

    ps...you do know you have word verification on to leave a comment here, right? just askin'-so many people I have mentioned it to have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for your shop to reopen.. Love the sneek peek at what you have been doing. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so exciting Janet!
    Can't wait to see..ooh-la-la the peeks look beautiful!!
    Have a great weekend!

    Deborah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you Janet! You know that I've been in business online since 2001 and I've debated that very thing several times. But I've put so much time and effort into my site over the years, but I just can't shut it down. It's my baby! Just keep on doing what you're doing. It's working for you! ~Stacy~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet... looks like it will be amazing!!
    Have a wonderful weekend..
    Smiles~
    C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck with your reopening. Sometimes a fresh start and new ideas are all you need. Always love to visit your beautiful blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Janet, I hope you never do close your shop... I think I have been with you since almost the beginning... I knew how to shop with you before I had ever even heard of a blog and hardly knew what a computer was about.You are one of a kind!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything you are working on looks so grand! Good for you--the economy will get better someday...soon I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving this new look fufu! can't wait to see what you've been up to! xoxo tutts

    ReplyDelete