Wednesday, November 23, 2011

In The Oven....Simple Mango Bread Recipe For You

A simple post today with an updated version of my Mango Bread recipe that works so well for Thanksgiving or to wrap up with foil and ribbon to bring as a gift. Sorry that I have no photos, as it's currently in the oven baking and smells wonderful in my home....
My Mango Bread
Dry ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups white sugar
Wet ingredients:
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups mangos, peeled and chopped
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup golden raisins
Directions:
1. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Beat eggs with oil and add to the dry ingredients. Add mangos, lemon and raisins and stir.
2. Pour into 2 greased (Pam spray) 8 x 4 loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hr or until toothpick comes out clean. Tastes best if refrigerated and eaten the next day when moist.
Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American friends....

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Janet,

    I believe you on your word that it will smell delicous. Got a little bit side tracked by your photo too but even that I LOVE. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours,

    Mariette

    ReplyDelete