Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fifi And Mark.... My Home Shoot

Hello everyone....some of you have asked about the photo shoot at my home with Fifi, so I have just a few photos and thoughts to share with you today. It was an honor to work with my dear friend Fifi once again! She is just a delightful spirit and shared photos and info of what she has in the works with me. You guys will all love what's to come from her in the future I'm sure:-). 
Although I have worked with Fifi before, this was my first time meeting photographer Mark Lohman. He's a seasoned pro and a no nonsense type of guy and to observe was a treat. We have the same camera and lens love...and he was kind enough to share a bit of his knowledge with me. I love this photo of Fifi and myself that he shot.....
A little photography tip is to use a sheer white drape on the window and photograph your object (in this case people) with the light coming in from the side.......

Gotcha! I took a few photos of Fifi and Mark at work....
And just a few photos that I took earlier in the week, as I did much of the styling beforehand to have it ready for the shoot.....



I'm off to relax a bit today up at our beach home before I get back to work on my sorely neglected website next week! 
Please leave comments if you wish & follow on Facebook for daily updates...

20 comments:

Nancy said...

Janet,
The pictures of your home are just always gorgeous!! leaves me Speechless my friend....

Huggs, Nancy

Pink Princess said...

WOw that must have been one AWESOME experience :) Will this be in a future issue of Romantic Country magazine??

Maija said...

Everything looks so romantic and peaceful! Your eye for detail is fab!!

Sassy Marsha said...

*Sigh* just beautiful!!!!

xxpp
Marsha

Karen said...

Your home looks beautiful, I'm looking forward to seeing Fifi's shoot. How exciting to get photography tips from Marl L. his work is fantastic.

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

To be honest with you, I was on a high Thursday just knowing Fifi and Mark were at your house. I saw the photo of you and Fifi on my sidebar this morning and came running to see more.

I am thrilled to bits for you (and then a bit more from my heart).
xoxo

NanaDiana said...

Janet- How wonderful to have the opportunity to share your home with the world. Fifi seems like she is just delightful in person! Can't wait to see the outcome! xo Diana

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Fabulous! You have an amazing style.I am so excited to get the new book, it's going to seem like forever~Cheers Kim

Legacy 925 said...

Beautiful home, fabulous photos and I appreciate you sharing those photography tips! <3

KATHY said...

Every room is like heaven!! It looks so amazing.

Kathy

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Looks beautiful! She and Mark were here a couple of weeks ago. They sure do get around:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Tania - Grange de Charme said...

Fantastic Janet ! beautiful photo of you both ! I LOVE the photo outdoor with your garden at the back !!!
Big huggs !

Susan said...

Oh, your home looks absolutely fabulous! What a fantastic experience. I cannot wait to see when it gets published.
Great photo of you and Fifi!
- Susan

Elyse said...

a work of art ...

thanks for sharing!

xo
elyse

Mariette's Back to Basics said...

Dearest Janet,

Great photo shoot with Fifi! Love her pictures and also yours. Lovely home to show for this book publishing.
Love to you,

Mariette

Jennelise said...

Very lovely! That is so exciting!
Jennelise

Jacqui said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous pics!!

Jane said...

what lovely pics. thanks for enriching my soul! Jane x

michele said...

thank you for visiting so i could discover your lovely blog...finding kindred spirits online just never gets old, does it?

the shoot looks heavenly, and how thrilling!

michele

Gustaviana said...

Fabulous! You have an amazing style.Very lovely!
xx viana