Friday, September 23, 2011

Quick And Easy DIY Project For You

Today was spent fluffing and working on some projects for my home. No, I didn't build a table....but I did add some crystals to my favorite chandelier....and.......
Worked on a plethora of pillows with some old European Grain Sacks and Vintage Ticking that have been in my studio calling my name forever....and......
Made some of these as well....and sharing the easiest project ever with you today. It's for something that we use on a daily basis as homemakers. No particular are skills needed, just a sewing machine or if you don't own one....a needle and thread. Curious?
Most of us have vintage napkins lying about, and if you don't....they are plentiful and inexpensive for the taking at flea markets and thrift shops. I have loads....I'm a closet vintage linen hoarder, hee hee. For this little project I took a stash of vintage Irish linen napkins....you know, the kind that sometimes have monograms on them (although these do not). I needed some new dish towels and linen is fabulous for drying off dishes and glassware....used in the finest of restaurants for drying their stemware and such. I simply cut off a couple of inches of double tape white seam binding...folded to make a loop and sewed on to one corner of each of the napkins. I used my machine, but you can take a few stitches by hand instead. There you have it.....

Hang on your cabinet door and it will always be in easy reach....make a few extras for gifts. Off to cook some dinner (and do the dishes!).......enjoy your weekend~

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Now, from one closet Vintage Linen Hoarder to Another....that is one really neat idea!! Not drying the dishes, but making Linen Towels!

Have a Great week~end Janet!!
Huggs, Nancy

Susan said...

Neat idea!! I am a vintage linen hoarder too!

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Very nice. Maybe I could do it, I'm not a DIY person at all but may give it a try. Very nice and it would go with my taste. You're full of lovely ideas, Janet.

Have a great weekend!
xoxo~Tracie

sissie said...

Looks as though there are several of us linen hoarders around!
I love your stash of pillows. A girl can never have too many, you know.

Love the idea of the simple little dish towels from napkins. Very cute.

hugs
Sissie

Deborah said...

Beautiful!!
Super idea!
Love all your images here!

Deborah xo

Linda Carole Bloom said...

What a great idea, I have stacks of these - have been thinking about making a skirt or something, but would have to iron it :( More ideas please, I love them! Linda