Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Leaving On A Jet Plane, Shop Talk

It's tough to get much done lately in terms of working in my studio with all the traveling that I have been doing, not to mention the girly girls coming and going! Today I did manage to finish another of my Shabbyfufu Dress Forms for the website that I hope to list later on today. I wish that I had been keep tally on how many of these I have made over the years (um, yes...an Original creation:-), as they are mostly now gone and living in homes all over the place! I know that it's been over 100, and each has their own unique personality and I think as with most projects, they are prettier as techniques are practiced and perfected. Speaking of techniques....something exciting that I can't share just yet, but you will be reading in a few weeks from what I have been told:-). Okay....here she is, just needing a name.


I am off tomorrow to Atlanta for the big gift show at the Merchandise Mart, and will be there through the weekend. I love Atlanta.... when I first finished college I lived there and taught art for awhile before taking off for other pastures.

If any of you are going....email me and hopefully we can meet up. I don't know if I can get very many "legal" photos, but I will try and sneak some in.....and let you in on the trends that I spot for the seasons ahead. It's a huge show, the largest in the U.S. I believe....so I will have my running shoes on and see what I can see!

Talk soon~
XOXO,
Janet

7 comments:

  1. That is the most beautiful dress form!! I want it! :)

    I hope you have a wonderful and very safe trip! Will miss you when you are gone!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's gorgeous! She looks quite like a Serendipity or Shabby Susannah to me...Maybe a Miss Pity-Pat from Gone with the Wind. I know Janet, It's 5 in the morning here, I need some Coffee before I start thinking of, well, anything.. heehee :)

    I hope you have a fabulous time at Market and I do hope you sneak a few pics in - that's the best part for us bloggers! Hugs sweets & be safe - xoxo Sher

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is Gorgeous Janet, Have a Great Trip. Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet,

    I just love your Shabbyfufu Dress Forms, no wonder it sold straight away. You are so tallented!!!

    Have fun on your trip.

    Siobhan xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely you have great collage fabric designing skills, I just love your blog and I hope you will show pictures of what you see on your trip, be careful, safe and have loads of fun for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so feminine. I'm sure she will be well loved.

    Have a safe trip and I can't wait to see what you come back with.

    hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet, hope you have a great time, it's always fun to shop the shows. I will be doing LA next week, no travel to Atlanta.:(

    XO lidy

    ReplyDelete